- Submitted: Jun 17 2015 01:25 AM
- Last Updated: Jun 17 2015 01:25 AM
- File Size: 82.77KB
- Views: 262
- Downloads: 0
Download Army Regulation - AR 40-63 - OPHTHALMIC SERVICES 4/14/2015
AR 40-63 OPHTHALMIC SERVICES Army Regulation
Army Regulation - AR 40-63 - OPHTHALMIC SERVICES
What's New in Version 4/14/2015 (See full changelog)
- AR 40–63/SECNAVINST 6810.1/AFI 44–117 Ophthalmic Services This is a major revision, dated 14 April 2015--
- o Updates responsibilities (para 1-4).
- o Introduces the Optical Fabrication Enterprise and the Optical Fabrication Advisory Board (para 1-5).
- o Updates eligibility and reason for issuing spectacles by military optical laboratories (para 1-6 and table 1-1).
- o Provides updates to information that specifically addresses frames, lenses, and lens treatments available through military optical laboratories into a new chapter (chap 2).
- o Adds Frame of Choice as an additional frame benefit (para 2-2).
- o Adds detailed information pertaining to Military Combat Eye Protection/ Ballistic Protective Eyewear information, to include ordering instructions for prescription inserts (para 2-5b).
- o Updates the procedures for obtaining eyewear (chap 3).
- o Incorporates instructions for preparing DD Form 771 (paras 3-3 and 3-8).
- o Introduces the Spectacle Request Transmission System used across the Department of Defense for electronic ordering of eyewear (para 3-3b).
- o Introduces the G-Eyes Web-based interface to Spectacle Request Transmission System that is available to deployed military personnel in specific locations to allow them to directly reorder eye wear without having to travel to a
- medical treatment facility (para 3-3d).
- o Incorporates the procedures on furnishing spectacles to the National Guard and Reserve into chapter 3 (para 3-8).
- o Updates the Contact Lens Services chapter to reflect current clinic and service policies on the issue, provision, and wear of contact lenses (chap 4).
- o Adds a new program responsibilities chapter for the ordering site, the optical fabrication laboratory, and the Spectacle Request Transmission
- System Program (chap 5).
- o Adds a new deployment guidance chapter for both military operations and humanitarian missions (chap 6).
- o Adds an policy on detailing the eligibility codes for use in the Spectacle Request Transmission System (app B).
- o Adds an Internal Control Evaluation (app C).
Other files you may be interested in ..
- 151 Total Files
- 43 Total Categories
- 1 Total Authors
- 7 Total Downloads
- Army Regulation 40–657 AR Medical Services Veterinary/Medical Food Safety, Quality Assurance, and Laboratory Service Latest File
- webmaster Latest Submitter
0 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users